[ECOS] eCos with an ISS

Aldo Dolfi dolfi@nec-labs.com
Thu Mar 13 23:52:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I would like to use eCos in a co-simulation environment. This tool
provides an Instruction Set Simulator for NEC v850.
I would like to know wich are the basic requirements to be able to run
eCos, apart from the processor and some memory.

I saw that the only target for v850 is the ceb_v850; I guess I need to
define a different target for my simulation environment, as described in
"ecos porting guide - HAL Platform Porting Process"; is this right?

At least for the beginning, I would not need gdb or printf support (I
can use the tool's debugger).

Is it possible to disable all support to gdb and stdio?

Can I avoid implementing a serial driver? I am not simulating any serial hw.

Any comments and pointers to other documentation are welcome.

TIA

Aldo