[ECOS] Problems receiving packets on i82559

Nikhil R. nikhil_r@mindtree.com
Tue Mar 11 11:23:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

We r developing a TCP/IP stack on ecos. We r trying to integrate the same
with the i82559 driver. We have an initialization routine where in we call
i82559_init through the pointer in NETDEVTAB entries. Seems like the init is
happening fine. At the end of this we r trying to send some multicast
packets. Using tcpdump on another machine we were able to see that these
packets are being sent out correctly.

We receive packets for sometime after the send but the problem is that we
stop receiving any packets after a short interval of time. This cud be
because we have just sent some packets.

So we stopped sending out packets after initialization and instead tried to
call eth_drv_start to try and bring the interface up. Still we were able to
receive packets for only sometime after which it stopped.

Can u tell us the way to get over this problem?

Thanx,
Nikhil