[ECOS] New flash chip driver for SST39VF160

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Mar 7 11:06:00 GMT 2003

Andy Hare wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built a small AT91 based board and have used an SST39VF160 flash
> device as the main program storage. I also have built a version of RedBoot
> that functions on this device and built a new driver for the SST device.
> This functions through the fis interface of RedBoot. The new device has been
> added to the eCos directory structure as per other flash devices. I would
> like to offer it to the eCos team as another supported device but do not
> know how to go about this. Do I need to get a copyright assignment form sent
> to who ?

Yes you do unfortunately. http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html still
has the correct details.

> Or can I just post a zip of the changes to the patches mail list.

When the assignment is sent, yes :-).

> The code is based on code for another device with only minor changes.

That's probably true, but it doesn't take many changes before an
assignment is required really.

> Where do I go from here to put this into the free domain ?  I also have a
> new AT91 type device for my board but this is dependant upon the new AT91
> re-organization and so I guess that you do not want this currently, at least
> not until after you have accepted the re-organization into the CVS.

You could submit it anyway, but for the sanity of generating a patch you
may want to wait. The AT91 changes are going in soon (yeah, I know).

> You can find details of my hardware for those interested on my web site
> address given below.

Include this URL somewhere in your platform HAL so people know! Either
CDL, header files, or a README in the doc directory.