[ECOS] ecos sync problem: Does it work well?

张 亮 johnsonest@hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 05:25:00 GMT 2003

Hi,nickg!
     in support to tcp/ip stack,ecos packs two new sync function:
       cyg_tsleep(...)
       cyg_wakeup(...)
in synch.c file.
    according to ecos scheduler,I doubt it does not work well as following:

int
cyg_tsleep(void *chan, int pri, char *wmesg, int timo)
{
    int i, res = 0;
    struct wakeup_event *ev;
    cyg_tick_count_t sleep_time;
    cyg_handle_t self = cyg_thread_self();
    int old_splflags = 0; // no flags held

    cyg_scheduler_lock();//*******************lock=1,threads switch will be
impossible until last cyg_scheduler_unlock(),right?********************/

    // Safely find a free slot:
    for (i = 0, ev = wakeup_list;  i < CYGPKG_NET_NUM_WAKEUP_EVENTS;  i++,
ev++) {
        if (ev->chan == 0)
        {
            ev->chan = chan;
            break;
        }
    }
    CYG_ASSERT( i <  CYGPKG_NET_NUM_WAKEUP_EVENTS, "no sleep slots" );
    CYG_ASSERT( 1 == cyg_scheduler_read_lock(),
                "Tsleep - called with scheduler locked" );
    // Defensive:
    if ( i >= CYGPKG_NET_NUM_WAKEUP_EVENTS ) {
        cyg_scheduler_unlock();
        return ETIMEDOUT;
    }

    // If we are the owner, then we must release the mutex when
    // we wait.
    if ( self == splx_thread ) {
        old_splflags = spl_state; // Keep them for restoration
        CYG_ASSERT( spl_state, "spl_state not set" );
        // Also want to assert that the mutex is locked...
        CYG_ASSERT( splx_mutex.locked, "Splx mutex not locked" );
        CYG_ASSERT( (cyg_handle_t)splx_mutex.owner == self, "Splx mutex not
mine" );
        splx_thread = 0;
        spl_state = 0;
        cyg_mutex_unlock( &splx_mutex );
    }

    // Re-initialize the semaphore - it might have counted up arbitrarily
    // in the time between a prior sleeper being signalled and them
    // actually running.
    cyg_semaphore_init(&ev->sem, 0);

    // This part actually does the wait:
    // As of the new kernel, we can do this without unlocking the scheduler
    if (timo) {
        sleep_time = cyg_current_time() + timo;
       if (!cyg_semaphore_timed_wait(&ev->sem, sleep_time)) {
/**********lock will >1,never wait!!!*****************************/
            if( cyg_current_time() >= sleep_time )
                res = ETIMEDOUT;
            else
                res = EINTR;
        }
    } else {
        if (!cyg_semaphore_wait(&ev->sem) ) {**********never wait for
lock>1
            res = EINTR;
        }
    }

    ev->chan = 0;  // Free the slot - the wakeup call cannot do this.

    if ( old_splflags ) { // restore to previous state
        // As of the new kernel, we can do this with the scheduler locked
        cyg_mutex_lock( &splx_mutex ); // this might wait
        CYG_ASSERT( 0 == splx_thread, "Splx thread set in tsleep" );
        CYG_ASSERT( 0 == spl_state, "spl_state set in tsleep" );
        splx_thread = self; // got it now...
        spl_state = old_splflags;
    }

    cyg_scheduler_unlock();/****************till here,lock=0,threads switch
is possible,this means tsleep will never sleep!!!*************** /
    return res;
}

right?
but i do not know why redhat reported that stack works well?

BRS
johnsonest