[ECOS] build problem with CVS tree downloaded, & PPP needed

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Wed Mar 5 02:09:00 GMT 2003

Rajeev Kandregula wrote:
> friends,
>
> thanks for the prompt response to my query
>
> Problem 1:
>
> i have tried to install ecos using cvs download, but it gives me this error while building:
>
> XPWD=`pwd` ; cd /ecos-e/ecos/packages/services/memalloc/common/current/src ; sh heapgen.tcl \"/ecos-e/ecos-work/one_install\" \"$XPWD\"
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/ecos-e/ecos-work/one_build/services/memalloc/common/current\'
> couldn\'t read file \"/ecos-e/ecos-work/one_build/services/memalloc/common/current/heapgeninc.tcl\": no such file or directory

At a cygwin bash prompt, can _you_ read
/ecos-e/ecos-work/one_build/services/memalloc/common/current/heapgeninc.tcl ?

There's meant to be a build rule (although you can't see it) to build this
with:
         make -priority 50 {
             heapgeninc.tcl : <PACKAGE>/src/heapgen.cpp
             $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDE_PATH) -Wp,-MD,heapgen.tmp -E $< -o $@
             @sed -e '/^ *\\/d' -e "s#.*: #$@: #" heapgen.tmp > $(notdir
$@).deps
             @rm heapgen.tmp
         }

in the CDL. Do you see the "arm-elf-gcc .... -E ..../src/heapgen.cpp -o
heapgeninc.tcl" line in your build output? Any errors after that point?

> i am in great need of PPP for ecos and i dont have the resources to pay a huge amount to anyone
> or get it developed in time for my project.
>
> so if any one has developed PPP support for ecos, or has even tried to,

It's planned by eCosCentric, but similarly without funding it's not going
to be done in any hurry.

> i request you to please help me,
> even links to freely available PPP stacks will help,
> i will return the favour whenever possible.

Since we have a FreeBSD networking stack, the PPP code from FreeBSD may be
the best starting point. But from what we've already done to scope it,
it's not far the faint-hearted.

> those willing to only sell their services are requested to send me their price
> and the time they will require to deliver the product.

If someone has already contacted you from eCosCentric, you can listen to
them instead of me - I'm wearing the "responding to public mailing list
posts" hat right now :-).