[ECOS] Blocking while recv() with freebsd/openbsd tcp/ip-stack

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Wed Mar 5 01:28:00 GMT 2003

Roland Brühwiler wrote:
> Compiling the sources for the arm-bord with the freebsd or openbsd
> tcp/ip stack is ok. No errors.
> After loading and continuing with arm-elf-gdb the software is starting.
> A client sends the hello-packet and the server (arm-board with
> ecos/redboot) sends back the other handshake messages. After sending the
> server-hello-done packet I want to read 5 Bytes from the tcp-connection.
> But the server is blocking while I use the function recv(fd,buf,5,0)
> although the client writes some bytes in the meantime. If I use the
> MSG_NOWAIT-flag it isn't blocking but with wrong bytes.

It seems no-one has seen this before, which isn't to say there isn't a
good reason, but it may be wise to check your client code, and also
perhaps check that there are no stack overruns anywhere.

Only other debugging hints I have are enable assertions, and there are
copious options in the low level drivers, generic eth drivers and net
stacks to enable extra logging.