[ECOS] A beginner is playing with memory pools

Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jun 25 15:13:00 GMT 2003

Hello everybody,

Sorry to disturb you. I can imagine you're busy as I am but I've a lack of
knowledge about memory pool.
So if someone would answer my questions, it would be great. Thanks by
advance.

I want to use cyg_mempool_fix_create().
Do I need to allocate a memory zone with a malloc BEFORE to use this
function ?
If I must do it, I think the parametre called "base" might be the address of
this zone, no ?
And if I must allocate BEFORE, what the existing reason of the parametre
size ?

Another thing, what's the last parametre ? I didn't understand because we
use a cyg-handle_t in the other associated functions (cyg_mempool_fix_alloc
...)

I'm sorry but I've not enough documentation to understand all this ecos
object ...
So if someone can explain me all needs to use it and how to use it, I would
be very happy...

Thanks.
Best regards.

Matthieu GIRARDIN