[ECOS] question regarding amd pci ethernet driver..

Sivakamesh Thota thota@cosmic.utah.edu
Fri Jun 20 18:51:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Iztok Zupet wrote:

hi,
The pci id for 79C790 is 0x5757(As given in the amd_pcnet.h file in the
/packages/devs/amd/ directory . And my controller is 79C790AKC. So what
should I do inorder to have my configuration recognize the amd ethernet
device. Sorry I did not get you exactly, anyways my controller chip is not
of anyone(79C792 or 79C794). so do I need to worry about the pci id
anymore. since the header file itself the id for my particular controller
chip is already given. I did build but I am not getting the correct header
file in my install tree. did I go wrong anywhere in my build procedure??
I am going to print the header file contents
of pkgconf/devs_eth_amd_pcnet.h.

#ifndef CYGONCE_PKGCONF_DEVS_ETH_AMD_PCNET_H
#define CYGONCE_PKGCONF_DEVS_ETH_AMD_PCNET_H
/*
 * File <pkgconf/devs_eth_amd_pcnet.h>
 *
 * This file is generated automatically by the configuration
 * system. It should not be edited. Any changes to this file
 * may be overwritten.
 */

#endif

> The eCos PCNet driver works in 16 bit (24 bit memory addressing scheme). The
> PCNet driver is designed for the PCI  not VLB interface. It  recognizes te
> PCI ID-s for the 79C792 and 79C794 chips (if I'm not wrong), not the 790 one.
> I guess You should fix it up.

thankyou,
kamesh