[ECOS] IDT79RC334

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Mon Jun 16 03:16:00 GMT 2003

James Robinson wrote:
> Jonathan,
> I was tring to do a build to see if I could do it. I wanted to run an old
> sparc station 20, but I was going to rebuild under cygwin first to see how
> hard it was. I think I am just going to say under cygwin for now ;-)

Ah yes, it's true we don't have prebuilts for a sparc :).

> My plan is to take a app that is working under VxWorks and get the board to
> boot and run the  same app, or one as close to it as possable.

If it makes vxWorks specific calls, obviously those would need translating
into eCos calls.

> Do you have a good starting point?
> What about the book that the web site is touting....? any good?

Yes, the book is a good way to start with the principles etc. But also the
eCos documentation of course!

> Is there anyone using the port to the 79S334 form IDT?

I know people have asked about it before, so yes.