[ECOS] how to debug eCos apps using gdb over TCP?

Kevin Hilman khilman@equator.com
Thu Jun 12 22:26:00 GMT 2003

Can someone explain how you can debug eCos apps using gdb over TCP?
I'm using serial without any problems but would like to debug on
another board without a serial interface.

>From what I can tell in eCos you can only use gdb over a non-blocking
getchar/putchar type interface and I don't see any of the HALs using
sockets for their implementations of HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_[PUT|GET]_CHAR.

I saw some email in the archives that suggested that this can only be
done using RedBoot.  I'm working on a port to a new architecture and
since I haven't ported RedBoot yet, could someone explain how this
works?

Thanks,

Kevin Hilman