[ECOS] Re: ecos-2.0, configtool and libpng

John Carter john.carter@tait.co.nz
Tue Jun 10 21:33:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 19:49, John Dallaway wrote:
>  You could try creating
> a symbolic link named /usr/lib/libpng.so.2 which points to libpng.so.3 but
> this will only work if the libpng.so.3 API is strictly backwards compatible
> with libpng.so.2.

Yip. That works. Given that you only shift major version number on a .so
if there are major shifts in API, it is a surprise that it does!
Probably wxWin has the capability to use png's, but configtool doesn't
actually use them.

Why do I feel that "Carter's Fundamental" as described in my .sig is at
work here...

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.carter@tait.co.nz
New Zealand

Carter's Fundamental...

The universe is driven entirely by this single rule, and everything at
all scales may be understood by it...

"Things only ever go right, so that they may go more spectacularly wrong
later."