[ECOS] EB40a Redboot [ROM] fis write fix

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Thu Jun 5 13:58:00 GMT 2003

I have been struggling with a "fis write" crash
for my Redboot [ROM].

After some debugging, I found that the wait_while_busy
function in flash_at49xxxx.inl that I expected to be in RAM
was actually executing out of FLASH.

To fix this, I added the line below to flash_at49xxxx.inl, and
it fis write/erase now seems to work for Redboot [ROM].

static int wait_while_busy(int timeout, volatile flash_data_t* addr_ptr)
__attribute__ ((section (".2ram.text")));

Q: I have identified the problem correctly?
Q: Is this the complete fix?

I don't know enough about eCos to forumulate a proper
patch. I suspect there might be some issues w.r.t. [ROM] vs [RAM]
and [ROMRAM] Redboots.

Øyvind