[ECOS] PCI arbiter settings

mohanlal jangir mohanlaljangir@hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:44:00 GMT 2003

Hi Jonathan

> Unless you have any particular reason to think its the PCI arbiter
> settings, I wouldn't have thought that's one of the more likely options.
> RedBoot may be simpler to debug... the most obvious thing is whether
> you've set it up with the correct IP details, i.e. address, mask, gateway
> IP address. It would certainly help to test if your machines are on the
> same IP subnet (and implicitly ethernet segment).
I do configure address staticly using ip_address and later I am able to see
it again using ip_address. Everything seems to be fine here.

>Or alternatively you
> should check that RedBoot gets an address from the BOOTP/DHCP server if
> you're using that.

There is no BOOTP/DHCP in network. Actully I have another Inetl x86 machine
running eCos (working well). At bootup time I see lot of BOOTP pkts
(ofcourse no replies for them) but I don't see these packets when ARM
Integrator board is booting.

> RedBoot should report its net details at startup.
> After that you can try playing with the various debug options.
This is RedBoot dump

RedBoot> +FLASH configuration checksum error or invalid key
Ethernet eth0: MAC address 00:02:b3:63:a1:1e
Can't get BOOTP info for device!

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROM]
Non-certified release, version v2_0 - built 09:37:00, Jul 21 2003

Platform: INTEGRATOR (ARM 9)
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, Red Hat, Inc.

RAM: 0x00000000-0x01000000, 0x0000bfe8-0x00edd000 available
FLASH: 0x24000000 - 0x26000000, 256 blocks of 0x00020000 bytes each.
RedBoot>

Could you please look into following mails which I posted on mailing list.
Although I received a couple of replies but I could not be able to send pkt
out. These mails I posted when try to debug actul problem.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-07/msg00430.html

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-07/msg00482.html

Regards
Mohanlal