[ECOS] synthetic target

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Wed Jul 30 09:44:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:38:48AM +0200, Stefano Martini wrote:
> I have built all the host tools including ecosynth and I
> have modified my PATH environment variable so that
> ecosynth is in PATH.
> When I start the ecos application with --io I get a
> message saying: unable to find I/O auxiliary program....

Given the speed of reply, i don't think you did read the manuals i
suggested. Shame, because if you had, you will of found:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/synth-install.html

Some users may also want to specify the install location using a
--prefix=<path> option. The default install location is /usr/local. It
is essential that the bin subdirectory of the install location is on
the user's search PATH, otherwise the eCos application will be unable
to locate and execute the I/O auxiliary ecosynth.

Because ecosynth is run automatically by an eCos application rather
than explicitly by the user, it is not installed in the bin
subdirectory itself. Instead it is installed below libexec, together
with various support files such as images.

BIG HINT: read the manuals!

    Andrew