[ECOS] ELF redboot with COFF linux image

Raghunath BK raghu_bk@hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:25:00 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I'm in a situation where I have redboot image which is in elf format for our
custom board (PXA255 based) and the linux kernel+apps in coff format. I
don't think an ELF application can start an application which is in COFF
format.

Can redboot be built in COFF format? If yes, do I need to build the
toolchain for PXA255 processor or is it downloadable somewhere?
The Linux kernel+apps image I have is hard to change to ELF format, because
third party libraries that some of the applications are using are in coff
format.

Did anyone face similar problem before? I'd be glad to hear how you solved
and any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Raghu