[ECOS] config question for tx49 linker script

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Tue Jul 15 22:50:00 GMT 2003

Gary D. Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 14:23, Andy Dyer wrote:
>
>>Looking at the linker script in
>>hal/packages/mips/tx49/v2_0/src/mips_tx49.ld
>>
>>it has the following:
>>
>>#if defined(EXTRAS) && defined(CYGPKG_IO)
>>INPUT(extras.o)
>>#endif
>>

>>none of the other scripts in mips-land has the "&& defined(CYGPKG_IO)"
>>in there.
>>I believe this is causing my minimal redboot to link without the stuff
>>in extras.
>>Is this just bogus?
>

> It does seem to be the only aberration!  Try it without and see if
> it helps whatever issues you are having.  If it does, please send a
> patch.

I recall it was meant to be a workaround for a linker bug, I think
involving an empty extras.o in an eCos configuration rather than redboot.
I don't have tx49 tools to test, but Andy may want to try it with the
aberration removed and with an eCos configuration without CYGPKG_IO to
make an "empty" extras.o to see if this has since been fixed.