[ECOS] How to find out if socket closed?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Mon Jul 14 14:46:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:48:46PM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:

> [...]

[...]

> When the tcp input routine detects a FIN, it calls
> socantrcvmore(), which sets the SS_CANTRCVMORE bit in
> so->so_state.
>
> But I sure can't find any sort of system call which will tell
> me if that flag is set.  I suppose I could add a custom option
> to getsockopt(), but that sort of sucks for all the obvious
> reasons.

I'm pretty reluctant to try to maintain independent versions of
the stack, so...

If I submitted a patch (to the old stack) adding an ioctl that
returned the SS_CANTRECVMORE flag, what are the chances of it
being accepted?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com