[ECOS] Closer but not quite

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Wed Jul 9 07:44:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:45:27AM -0700, Chuck McManis wrote:
> So thanks for the pointer on using gmake rather than make (note to FreeBSD
> users, its configure;gmake;? install)
>
> And while that successfully built the toolchain the install fails with :
> ----------------------------------- snip
> gmake[3]: Entering directory
> `/usr/ecos/build/packages/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/v2_0/host'
> gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `install-data-hook'.  Stop.
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ecos/build/packages/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/v2_0/host'
> gmake[2]: *** [install-data-am] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ecos/build/packages/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/v2_0/host'
> gmake[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ecos/build/packages/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/v2_0/host'
> gmake: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> demon2#

Since you are on FreeBSD not Linux, the synth stuff is not much use to
you at the moment. So i suggest you disable the building of this so
you can get the more interesting stuff compiled.

If at some stage you port the linux synth HAL to FreeBSD, you can then
come back and make this code compile.

Bart, how easy is it to make autoconfig detect its not on Linux and
not bother making the synth stuff? I guess its easy for someone who
knows how autoconf works.

      Andrew