[ECOS] When to enable the IE bit of MIPS status register in eCos?

Michael Anburaj embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:15:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

The following line of code at HAL_THREAD_INIT_CONTEXT() of
hal/mips/arch/current/include/ hal_arch.h enables the IE bit of the SR image
(in the prepared context):

(_regs_)->sr  = 0x00000001;                       /* SR = ls 3 bits only
*/      \

This prepared SR image gets to the STATUS register, when loading the context
of the ecos Application to be run from Redboot, look at the following code
in hal_thread_load_context() of hal/mips/arch/current/src/context.s:

	lw	a2,mipsreg_sr(sp)		# A2 = saved SR
	lsp	sp,sp			# SP = saved SP

	hal_cpu_int_merge a2			# Merge with current SR

So when the new ecos RAM application is booted using Redboot (in ROM) the IE
bit get enabled automaticaly.

I just took a quick look & giving you this piece of info. (I may be wrong!
:-) )