[ECOS] How boot up i686PC using RedBoot?

Boen Shieh xiebuyun@x263.net
Wed Jul 9 02:20:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I built both files of redboot.bin and redboot.elf by using ecos_config with the template of i386 PC target and the startup type of FLOPPY, and copied them to a floppy disk.But when I used this floppy disk to boot up my computer, it suspended and told me "NTLDR is missing".

My purpose is to build an standard i386 based eCos environment and  test my embedded application on it. Of course, I am a raw hand in eCos, and maybe  make some mistakes in this procedure. I hope to get the help from experts or from the old hand in eCos. Could you, please!

             Best Regards

                         Boen Shieh
                        July 9, 2003