[ECOS] query on GDB usage

kdmprasad@netindial.com kdmprasad@netindial.com
Tue Jul 8 05:46:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have a query on the usage of GDB.I built the ecos libraries for h8300
target with default packages with GDB stub support and startup type is
RAM.

And I tried testing a C source(test.c)

#include<stdio.h>
main()
{
printf("hello ecos");
}

I compiled it using the ecos libraries as follows:

h8300-elf-gcc -mh -mint32 -g hello.c -I
/home/configtool/h8300minsim_install/include -L
/home/configtool/h8300minsim_install/lib -Ttarget.ld -o hello

When i tried running hello in GDB there is no output and when i break the
GDB using CTL-C I see that the execution stucks at the point
CYG_HAL_SCI_putc() which talks abt serial device.

The question i have is can I use GDB to test my applications. Iam using PC
running Linux OS.And why this code related to registers(TDRE) is getting
executed.

Any help would be supporting to me.

Thanks in advance.
Prasad