[ECOS] ARM vector.s -- suspicious code in return_from_exception

Michael Anburaj embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:53:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

> > We probably haven't been bitten by this because I don't think we
> > have any boards that make much use of FIQ.
> >

>Most boards I've used with FIQ use their own VSR anyway.

Just a thought!

The idea behind FIQs is to keep things simple along its code path. So that
it can truly be a fast interrupt. All the FIQ code should do is handle the
interrupt that caused it & return back to the previous mode. Task switch &
things like that need not happen in a FIQ & the return path for this should
be kept different from IRQ & need for switching to SVC mode & thus
corrupting its SPSR can be avoided. Straight & simple FIQ path & the kernel
need not be aware of FIQs.

Cheers,
-Mike.