[ECOS] building the ecos library

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Jan 31 17:53:00 GMT 2003

paape@Hi-Techniques.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I've recently purchased Anthony Massa's book on eCos and am
> trying to build the library from the included CD.  I had a 1.3.1 version
> loaded on my system just for the cygwin tools but I believe that I have
> effectively disabled them (prior to installing from the CD).  I have loaded
> the pre-configured i386 compiler, etc. from the CD as well as the eCos
> repository. I have selected the i386 PC target but didn't modify any of
> the preset configuration.  The build yields the following:
[snip]
> cpp: heapgen.tmp: No such file or directory
> make: Leaving directory `/ecos-c/ecos/ZFmicro/i386_build'
> cpp: Warning: `-x c' after last input file has no effect
> make[1]: *** [heapgeninc.tcl] Error 1
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  It looks like compilation flags are the problem
> but I don't
> understand why.  Any help please?

The tools are not relocatable - they expect to be in the same directory as
they were built for. Have you installed them in whatever /tools is in
cygwin? (Usually c:\cygwin\tools).

If not you can cheat and use the cygwin mount command to point /tools at
wherever they are installed. If you don't know how, tell me where your
cygwin is installed, where the tools are installed and I'll tell you what
command you should use.