[ECOS] i386-elf-gdb.exe Segmentation Fault

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Jan 31 17:43:00 GMT 2003

sll@libero.it wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm a newbie to eCos, and i'm trying to compile adn install eCos development tools on winXP.
> After few magic, binutils, gcc (2.95.2) and gdb finally compile successfully, but when i started i386-elf-gdb.exe, i got a Segmentation Fault. Any Idea?
>

> $ i386-elf-gdb.exe
> GNU gdb 5.3.0.90_2003-01-30-cvs
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i386-elf".Segmentatio
> n fault (core dumped)

I'm investigating this very problem right now. It's a problem with the
current cygwin DLL. I'll post a response when a fix or cygwin upgrade is
available. For the moment, if you've got an older cygwin DLL, stick to that.