[ECOS] HAL macros and RTC

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com
Wed Jan 29 10:50:00 GMT 2003

Actually I did it, (after i found the problem), and it says...

"3. Real-time clock interrupts drive the eCos scheduler clock. Many embedded
CPUs have an on-core timer (e.g. SH) or decrementer (e.g. MIPS, PPC) that
can be used, and in this case it will already be supported by the
architecture/variant HAL. You only have to calculate and enter the proper
CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_CONSTANTS definitions in the platform CDL file."
and
"4. Interrupt decoding usually differs between platforms because the amount
and type of devices on the board differ. In plf_intr.h you must either
extend or replace the vector definitions otherwise provided by the
architecture or variant interrupt headers. You may also have to define
HAL_INTERRUPT_xxx control macros."

I dont know if the "on core timer" is always plugged into the same IRQ line
for MIPS or PPC, but thats not the case for me. I think we should have in
the guide:

"You only have to calculate and enter the proper CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_CONSTANTS
definitions in the platform CDL file and define CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_RTC in
[some include file]"

By the way shouldnt the interrupt be a CDL option like the other RTC related
constants ?

Thanks,