[ECOS] Question CYGNUM_KERNEL_THREADS_DATA_MAX?

Patrick Doyle wpd@delcomsys.com
Tue Jan 28 22:21:00 GMT 2003

> > Thats what im relying on. 1<<32 should be 0 on most processors. If so,
> > it all works out correct. But its not something i would trust unless
> > it was written down in some standard and gcc actually implements that
> > standard.

Wandering in here very late in the game, I am wondering why you don't just
mask the result of the shift with 0xFFFFFFFFu whereever you use it.  On
32-bit machines, the optimizer will (presumably) ignore the NOP mask, and on
other machines, the result will be 0 as you desire.

OK, I'll drift back out now...

--wpd