[ECOS] Redboot breakpoint question.Thanks

Mark Salter msalter@redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 17:13:00 GMT 2003

> Hi all:
>    Does the redboot use any exception ( in the ARM vector table address from
> 0x00 ~ 0x1c)  for setting the breakpoint in a ecos program?

> Thanks. If possible could anyone give a little detail about how this is
> achieved? thanks

RedBoot/GDB use an illegal instruction for software breakpoints. So,
that means RedBoot needs the undefined instruction exception vector.
RedBoot will also report data/prefetch aborts. XScale will overload
one of the aborts (I forget which one) for hardware breakpoints and
watchpoints.

--Mark