[ECOS] Fourfold decrease in speed of TCPIP interface when changing from OpenBSD to FreeBSD stack

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu Jan 23 23:30:00 GMT 2003

Steven De Rango wrote:
> It looks like the TCPIP stack may not be the problem and I need to profile my
> application and find where it is slowing down.  Any suggestions on how I
> should do this (or could you point me to some relevant documentation)?

There is a profiling package, used with gprof, with data uploaded by TFTP.
There's documentation in services/profile/gprof/current/doc. You will need
to port to your platform.

A less useful alternative is kernel instrumentation.

A quick alternative is ctrl-c your app yourself a few times to see where
it is ;-).