[ECOS] compile error using 3.2 MIPS using std name spaces

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Wed Jan 15 14:35:00 GMT 2003

Tim Michals wrote:
> Problem:
> Compiling the posix, I'm getting this general error:
> make: Leaving directory `/ecos-c/mips/acacia/ecos/applib/applib_build'
> <internal>: In function `void* mq_open(const char*, int, ...)':
> <internal>:305: too many arguments to function `void* operator new(unsigned
> int)'
> /ecos-c/mips/ecos/packages/compat/posix/current/src/mqueue.cxx:305: at this
> point in file
> /ecos-c/mips/ecos/packages/compat/posix/current/src/mqueue.cxx:685:26:
> warning: multi-line string literals are deprecated
> /ecos-c/mips/ecos/packages/compat/posix/current/src/mqueue.cxx:772:26:
> warning: multi-line string literals are deprecated
> make[1]: *** [src/mqueue.o.d] Error 1
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>
> This is in reguards to In mqueue.cxx: line 82
> #include <new>                       // C++ new
> Not finding the correct name space?

The multi-line string literals warning sits oddly with that. By any chance
have you #defined malloc to something else in a header?

Can you preprocess the file and see what the new call in mq_open looks
like then? The easiest way to do this is to repeat the compile line with
--save-temps and then look at the .i file in the build directory.