[ECOS] iXP425 eval board (BIXMB425AD) progress?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Tue Jan 14 21:24:00 GMT 2003

I've got a shiney new Intel iXP425 eval board, and was
wondering: does anybody has eCos running on it yet?

Intel has RedBoot running on the thing, and there are other
XScale ports, so getting eCos going shouldn't be a big jump.
Unfortunately, Intel didn't write an eCos/RedBoot driver for
the two on-chip Ethernet controllers.  Rather, they throw an
Intel PCI NIC into the box and use the 82599 driver.

I guess it's nice have a dedicated Ethernet port for diagnostic
use, but I was hoping they did an Ethernet driver for the
built-in controllers.

I've gotten RedBoot for the board to build, but don't have any
way to download it or get it into flash at the moment...

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com