CS8900A and EB40A?

Shannon Holland holland@loser.net
Fri Jan 10 21:44:00 GMT 2003

OK, I am cornfused!

I wanted to add an ethernet interface to my eb40a/redboot board so as to
speed up development/download and I need to get it going sooner or
later...

As a simple starting point, I got a CS8900A dev board from
http://www.edtp.com/cs8900.htm as everything is pretty much there and I
just
need to connect headers for prototyping (although it turns out the chip
used
in that board is a 5V chip so more breadboard buffer fun for me!).

Before I started with the hardware, I wanted to figure out what I need
to do
to add all this to redboot. To make ecosconfig happy, I ended up with the
following packages:

cdl_configuration eCos {
     description "" ;

     # These fields should not be modified.
     hardware    eb40a ;
     template    redboot ;
     package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM current ;
     package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91 current ;
     package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91_EB40A current ;
     package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_EB40A current ;
     package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_ATMEL_AT49XXXX current ;
     package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91 current ;
     package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
     package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
     package -template CYGPKG_REDBOOT current ;
     package -template CYGPKG_ISOINFRA current ;
     package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STRING current ;
     package -template CYGPKG_NS_DNS current ;
     package -template CYGPKG_CRC current ;
     package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH current ;
     package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_CL_CS8900A current ;
     package CYGPKG_NET current ;
     package CYGPKG_IO current ;
     package CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS current ;
     package CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
     package CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_STACK current ;
     package CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
     package CYGPKG_LIBC_TIME current ;
     package CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO current ;
     package CYGPKG_LIBC_STDLIB current ;
     package CYGPKG_LIBC_I18N current ;
};

Do I need all of this? Is there anything more I'm missing? I don't know
how
much ram all of this will need (forgot to order extra ram before I
started
this and now it's friday so that will need to wait until next week!).

Assuming this is correct, I tried to do a build and hit errors while
compiling src/net/enet.c:

In file included from /ecos-c/cygwin/home/holland/armtools/rb-eth-
ram/install/include/sys/types.h: 112,
from /ecos-c/cygwin/home/holland/armtools/rb-eth-
ram/install/include/sys/param.h: 719,
from /ecos-c/cygwin/home/holland/armtools/rb-eth-
ram/install/include/cyg/io/eth/eth_drv.h:63,
from /ecos-
c/cygwin/home/holland/armtools/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/net/e
net.c:57:
/ecos-c/cygwin/home/holland/armtools/rb-eth-
ram/install/include/sys/bsdtypes.h:95: conflicting types for `in_addr_t'

(there are a bunch more but I don't want to make this email too big!).

What might I have done incorrectly to get here? Some other package I
need to
include or config that I need to set up?

Next question: how do I set the address that the CS8900A will be mapped
to?
Along the same lines, how do I set up the interrupt?

I've searched through the archives but either missed it or didn't see
anything - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much!

Shannon