[ECOS] global addressing in ecos

matthew de veza imdeveza@hotmail.com
Fri Jan 10 12:30:00 GMT 2003

We've applied the patch and re-run all the tests for the stateless address
autoconfiguration, and we also exempted the tests indicated below (21-30,
54-56). The tests that passed are those that wait for the DAD to fail (it
wants the target to basically not send any echo reply/packet) and all the
other tests failed. These are basically the tests that wants the target to
echo-reply. We believe that the cause is that the global address cannot be
set; it would seem that the target does not respond to DAD which are sent
using a multicast address.

This seems to lead me into thinking that the entire set of stateless
autoconfiguration is exempted. Can anyone please verify? Or on another train
of thought, I would like to ask if anyone would know why we cannot set the
global address, and why the target does not seem to respond to multicast
queries.

I would like to ask Mr. Hamilton if you could share your test results for
the ecos target tested by TAHI if this is not confidential so we could more
or less compare our test results with yours.

Thank you.
Matt