[ECOS] Difference between the net template and new_net template? Thanks

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu Jan 9 07:02:00 GMT 2003

NavEcos wrote:
> On Friday 03 January 2003 11:51 am, Qiang Huang wrote:
>
>>Hi all:
>>    Does anybody know the difference between net and new_net template in
>>ecos(GUI)? Thanks a lot.
>

> new is OpenBSD
> new_net is FreeBSD
>
> the OpenBSD version will eventually be depricated I believe entirely in eCos.

Correct, although there is some work to be done first before that's
possible (e.g. proper testing for IPv6 and getting SNMP working as
mentioned elsewhere recently).

Although perhaps now would be a reasonable time to rename new_net to net
and net to old_net. And update the documentation obviously.