[ECOS] EB40 in cvs?

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Tue Jan 7 21:22:00 GMT 2003

Shannon Holland wrote:
> Me three! While I seem to have things working with the hand patches, I'd
> feel much better if it was a real release.
>
> Is there anything I can do to help this along?

Yeah, kick me in the butt. I've promised before, and this time I mean it.
I have it on my official task list to try to get this into the sources in
the next couple of weeks. Watch ecos-patches.

As for helping - indeed, once it's all in, we'll need testers! I don't
have an EB40 after all....

And indeed I may as well say here and now that eCosCentric are moving
towards getting some sort of 2.0 beta out around the end of January. It
won't be quite as complete as expected, as we've made our objectives less
hard to achieve to allow us to get _something_ out in a realistic
time-scale. The date is, as ever, provisional of course.

Once the beta is out we'll appreciate volunteers a plenty to help with
testing.

And shortly after we'll start work on what we really want: eCos 2.1, for
which we have many plans.

Jifl