[ECOS] OpenBSD and FreeBSD question? Thanks!

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Tue Jan 7 21:12:00 GMT 2003

Gary D. Thomas wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 09:52, jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk wrote:
>
>>Hi all:
>>  Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the OpenBSD(net
>>template) TCP/IP Stack and
>>the FreeBSD TCP/IP Stack(new_net template)?
>>
>>For using FreeBSD Does anything(the device driver) needs to be
>>changed?
>>
>>If the current device driver support the OpenBSD, will it be suitable
>>for the FreeBSD without change?
>>
>>(I can compile my deviece driver for the OpenBSD without problem, but
>>when I tried to use the FreeBSD
>>I encounter some problem, do I need to redesign the device driver?)
>

> The device drivers should be compatible (no changes required).
> The major difference at this time is that the new stack does
> not support SNMP (i.e. you can't build the SNMP package if
> you select "new_net")

Although in this particular case, it could be some subtle header file
change, since there are quite a few differences between the ports in there.

Perhaps if you quote the error and the lines affected....