[ECOS] Goahead Web Server on i386

kjell@techtribe.se kjell@techtribe.se
Mon Jan 6 09:49:00 GMT 2003

The GoAhead comes with its own non-GPL license, which can be found in
the "license.txt" file in the top of its source tree (www.goahead.com)

It's a non-exclusive license (e.g. all IPR is kept by GoAhead),
essentially stating that one may freely and without royalties "use,
reproduce, modify, copy and distribute" the webserver source code as
well as the resulting binaries, provided that any modifications to the
webserver sources are distributed along with it. Additionally, one
should within 30 days of distribution-start contribute back any source
modifications to GoAhead, and one is also restricted not to change the
"server identification field" of the first http response message.

As for what goes for the SSL stuff; I'm aware that there are possible
patent and licensing issues for some (many?) of the algorithms provided
in the OpenSSL package. Since we have only wrapped this up for internal
try-outs, we haven't spent much effort into checking those licensing
details in any greater depth.

But since the port turned out to be pretty straightforward and the SSL
proved to be working quite well, maybe someone interested in using the
SSL would be willing to dig deeper into its licensing and patent details?

Cheers, /Kjell
--
Kjell Svensson                 Embedded Technology Manager
Techtribe Solutions AB         Tel:  +46 (0)31 706 06 00