[ECOS] Target same as host?

Schuepany Mario Mario.Schuepany@fh-hagenberg.at
Fri Jan 3 11:03:00 GMT 2003

Hi!

I have just started to work with eCos and try to get a running
version on my windows xp (cygwin) computer.

I have no additional hardware for a target system at the moment,
so I thought it should be possible to build a system with host
H-i686-pc-cygwin and target i386-elf and start the "hello world"-ex
at the host pc.

The examples has been compiled successfully, but when I start hw-ex
with gdb I get the following output:
$ i386-elf-gdb helloWorld.o
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i386-elf"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /c/ecos/tests/mario/helloWorld/helloWorld.o
Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".
The complete tool chain has been compiled with target i386-elf.

Any idea?

Thanks!
Mario