[ECOS] Redboot image does not appear to be installed on target

Chris Garry cgarry@sweeneydesign.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 16:04:00 GMT 2003

> However the image I have built myself includes the
> networking support packages, CYG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS and
> KS32C5000 packages additional to the minimal redboot
> base, and UUencoded image is 117 kb. When I download
> and write this image to address 1820000, redboot
> module does not appear in installed modules.
>
> Is this due to the large size of image?
> The area reserved for download in E7T's SRAM starts
> from address 0x10000 up to 0x77FFF. Due to my
> calculation this makes
> approximately 53kb space. The prebuilt image is 50kb
> and it fits in this place but my redboot with
> networking
> is more than double this. I suspect the download RAM
> area is not enough. Do you think this is the problem?
> Also is 117kb size normal or does the networking
> packages take as much as the redboot base code?
> In case there's no way to cut down size, may someone
> suggest what other method I could use to burn
> the image on my board?
>
> Thank you very much
> Bahadir

0x10000 to 0x7FFFF
- I make that just under 448KB.

My RedBoot image with networking for the E7T is
108K for the .uu file and about 79K for the actual
image.  This image was generated some time ago,
and would probably be larger if it were built with
up to date code.

The instructions for writing RedBoot to FLASH assume
the final RedBoot image is no more than 64K long.
You need to modify them for a longer image.

Something like:

  flasherase 01820000 20000
  download 10000
  [download the file]
  flashwrite 01820000 10000 20000

should work fine with images up to 128K long.
(It does for me)

Regards,
Chris