[ECOS] GCC 3.2.1 problems?

Fredrik Hederstierna fredrik@wespot.com
Fri Feb 7 08:30:00 GMT 2003

We switched from eCos 1.3.1 to eCos 2 some months ago, but eCos 2 started
to crash our system, sometimes after some hours, caused by what seemed to
be stack memory trashing.

Now we changed GCC 3.2.1 to GCC 3.2.2 and to problems disappeared!
It might be caused by problems in GCC 3.2.1, so if your system crashes in
mysterious ways with GCC 3.2.1, try using GCC 3.2.2, binutils 2.13.1,
newlib 1.11.0. It works fine with our system (ARM7-based). (But ofcourse
its GCC 2.95.2 which is the supported one by RH).

Best Regards,
/Fredrik Hederstierna