[ECOS] undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned)'

Calvin Du calvin_du@yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 6 18:10:00 GMT 2003

Hi Macro,

I have a similar problem you had before while
compiling
ecos(v1.3.1) by using gcc 3.2.1:

..../packages/language/c/libc/current/src/clibincl/stream.inl:260:
undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

As you commented in the attached e-mail, "Applying the
few fixes" will fix the problem. I searched the
mailing
list archives, but it was hard to find. Could you tell
me where can I find it or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Calvin

Gary wrote:
>Stick with GCC/2.95.2 (or most probably, anything
less than 3.0)
>We simply aren't ready to use GCC/3.x with eCos yet,
sorry.

>Is there some reason you want to use this new
compiler?

Gary,

we need to run some strong template based code that
crashes GCC-2.95.2 (and also 2.96 both on cygwin and
Linux).
It reports "virtual memory exausted" and gives up.

Applying the few fixes posted to this list, GCC 3.2
compiles
eCos fine and also this code runs whithout problems
(take this
considering we are doing some preliminary tests).

Thanks
Marco