[ECOS] cygwin packages required for eCos?

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Mon Feb 3 21:14:00 GMT 2003

Joerg Rapka wrote:
> Hello
>
> If I install the standard cygwin from scratch e.g. the package "gcc"
> will not be installed.
> For building the eCos development tools (e.g. gcc) I require the cygwin
> package "gcc" and others.
>
> Are there any document listing the minimum cygwin packages required either:
> - to build the eCos development tools (e.g. GCC)
> - to use the eCos configration tool (e.g. 1.3.net or 2.11) for
>   configuration and compilation

Here's my recommendation. These are the extra packages _in_addition_to_
the default ones.

To select them you need to click `skip` field exactly *once* in each case
(yes I know this seems counter-intuitive, but it's actually a version toggle).

Some of them are just (strong!) recommendations rather than necessary -
I've marked those with a *.

* Archive
    zip              *
    unzip            *
* Devel
    binutils
    autoconf         auto* packages because of potential issues with
    autoconf-devel   CVS timestamps.
    autoconf-stable
    automake
    automake-devel
    automake-stable
    bison
    cvs
    dejagnu          * For the future, and possibly toolchains anyway.
    gcc
    gdb              Probably not strictly needed but if you have
                     problems with host/compiler tools you may want to
                     have it.
    make
* Text
    less             * Recommend just because it's so useful
    more             * Ditto for those that don't know about less :)
* Utils
    bzip2            *
    patch            *

Do let me know if this isn't a complete list - this is the basis for some
future documentation.