[ECOS] Read an string from serial port

Andy Dyer adyer@righthandtech.com
Wed Dec 31 01:29:00 GMT 2003

If it is baud rate, you can use the 'stty' command to change
serial port parameters on a particular tty from the shell.
stty works on the port connected to stdin, something like this:

stty speed 38400 cs8 -parenb -cstopb < /dev/ttyS01

should set 8/N/1.  There are a lot of other options dealing
with how input and output gets processed, see the info and
man pages for more.