[ECOS] Automotive Applications

Michael Anburaj embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 20:18:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

Couple of year back I worked for Mannesmann VDO, Germany <for European
cars>. At that time they were moving from Fujitsu & NEC controller to ARM
based ones for obvious benefits. Also there are lots of chip vendors
supplying ARM chips with embedded CAN, which is real good. And eCOS works
great on the ARM architecture.

Compliance to OSEK/VDX standards for RTOSs, may be needed or may be not.

Cheers,
-Mike.