[ECOS] Exception Handling

Ernie Biancarelli ernie@aztek-eng.com
Fri Dec 19 00:47:00 GMT 2003

I'm having difficulty debugging exception handlers for my PPC target. I
have read the manual and tried to emulate the example for installing an
exception handler for the CYGNUM_HAL_VECTOR_SYSTEM_CALL exception. This
leads me to believe that I indeed have installed my own exception
handler. However, I cannot debug the exception handling path. It seems I
cannot set a breakpoint in the assembly code for
cyg_hal_default_exception_vsr. And when I look for the implementation of
cyg_hal_exception_handler in Insight, I can't find it defined in
hal_misc.c. In fact, hal_misc.c doesn't look anything like the file that
is in the hal/powerpc/arch directory. I'm confused.

Can someone shed some light on this topic for me and give me some tips
as to where I can set breakpoints when debugging exceptions?

I'm using Redboot as a rom monitor and it has the GDB stubs built in. My
target config is attached if that helps.

Ernie