[ECOS] More than 40 files open - eCos doesn't run properly?]

Ernie Biancarelli ernie@aztek-eng.com
Tue Dec 16 01:19:00 GMT 2003

Gary Thomas wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 12:52, Ernie Biancarelli wrote:
>

>>I am using the A&M Rattler power pc 8250 based target. I'm working with
>>the eCos source from ~September.
>>
>>I have a configuration question regarding the POSIX File IO
>>Compatibility Layer package. I want to configure and run eCos with 110
>>file descriptors and 100 open files. Configuring the source and creating
>>an eCos library is no problem.  I am able to build the two threads
>>example as well, however, when I start the program via GDB, GDB hangs
>>and I don't see any output from the target.
>>
>>I have determined through trial and error that 40 is the magic number of
>>open files that I can configure eCos with and still run the two threads
>>example. Any more than that, and the GDB/target hangs.
>>
>>Can someone else with a Rattler verify this for me? Can anyone offer
>>help in getting past the 40 open file limit I see?
>>

>How did you configure the system (template, what changes, etc)?  You can
>provide this information best by using
>  % ecosconfig export my.cfg
>This will generate an .ecm fragment, which can then be used by others
>(like me) to recreate your setup.
>
>Also, what are you trying to open the file handles to?

I've attached my config as you requested.

I want to create file descriptors for ~30 HDLC channels and have some
growing space for future expansion.  In addition to those FDs, we also
will want to open several sockets...