[ECOS] MPC860 Porting (ROM/Flash)

Viswanath Bandi bandiv@txc.stpn.soft.net
Thu Dec 11 17:49:00 GMT 2003

Right now, I am just trying to get RedBoot running on the board. After
making the changes as mentioned in the porting guide, I am able to
compile and make redboot.srec. But when I program the flash and power on,
nothing happens. Guess i need to look more closely at .S file. Can you
suggest me on how the platform initialization part is typically modified?
I tried to look at it but it's very confusing and didn't know where to
start.

One quick question, can I use gdb & redboot.elf file to see what is
going on? Because, when I run it using gdb, it dies saying privileged
instruction.

Thanks for your time,
Viswanath Bandi