[ECOS] MPC 860 reboot question.

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Dec 4 18:23:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 11:16, Ottawa Guy wrote:
> Thanks Gary,
> Is there any way I could put a break point on the
> exception. I am pretty sure the problem is either h/w
> or some exception caused by my program. How do I know
> what code caused this.
> We am using our own proprietary board.

Given that eCos isn't [explicitly] doing the reset, it may
not be possible to stop it with a breakpoint.

Does this happen randomly?  or can you recreate it?

My first choice would be to attach a logic analyzer and
trap when it resets, then work backward.  Short of that,
you might be able to put some trace information into
memory that you can view later after the reset happens.

Note: these are notoriously difficult problems to crack :-(