[ECOS] MPC 860 reboot question.

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Dec 4 17:16:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 10:08, Ottawa Guy wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a general question for all the MPC860 user.
> I have 860 board which is running Ecos. I am pumping
> traffic into it, once in a while it just reboots. Is
> there any common reboot module for 860. So that I
> could put a  break point there and  investigate the
> cause of the reboot. I am not sure where the reboot is
> comming from h/w or s/w. Any suggestion would be
> helpful.

Which 860 board?  What application are you running?

While eCos does define a HAL interface to reset a board, it's not
used by any of the standard kernel (drivers, etc).  My guess is that
you either have a hardware problem or are creating some sort of
machine check condition (which may cause the processor to reset)

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates