[ECOS] i386 Memory Size Problem

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Wed Dec 3 10:29:00 GMT 2003

<kevin_lemay@agilent.com> writes:

> It appears that Linux uses hard coded memory addresses to store the
> memory map and size, switches to protected mode and then accesses
> the saved data in ram.
>
> I attempted to use this same method, but it does not appear to be
> running. I added new character outputs to the display during boot
> which do not appear. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Maybe you have chosen some inconvenient addresses. Does the
application work if it does not access the saved memory sizes, just
uses the CMOS values? You mentioned previously that you were putting
the sizes at 1Mb and that it worked, what have you changed since then?
Make sure that your debug outputs are not corrupting things
themselves.

I'm not sure what else I can suggest.