[ECOS] eCos or microITRON

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Thu Aug 28 13:06:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:13:54AM +0900, Satish Kumar wrote:

> i see that the eCos code size is very big..it goes in Mb`s
> attimes..

Wha?

Where did you get the "MB's" from?

I've got an eCos configuration for ARM that includes TCP/IP,
SNMP, Ethernet driver, serial drivers for 32 ports, real time
clock and watchdog timer drivers. The total for OS and all
drivers isn't more that about 256KB (text).  If I add all my
application code and the GoAhead web server, SNMP server, and
some miscellaneous library routines I'm still under 512K.

I can add SSL and still be under 1MB.

>   basically i m more curious about the eCos kernel size

Basic kernel w/o networking is probably in the 50KB-100KB size
depending on options and architecture.  The single biggest
factor is network.  You probably need to figure 128KB of text
and another 128-256KB of data for one of the BSD TCP/IP stacks.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com